Monday, May 7, 2012
An Hour In My Day - Blogging
I'm hooking up with Stasha's Monday Listicle (and Stacy's Hour in a Day!)for the second time ever and thought this time I'd actualy stay on script. The task for this week is to list 10 things you do in an hour. I guess, any hour will do. You probably don't want the hour I waste watching at Lonely Island videos or trying to pull conversation from my family at the dinner table. I could write about a particularly hectic hour with my kids but the thought of reliving one of those exhausts me. So, I'll tell you a little about the hour (if I'm lucky) that I write a blog post. (Could be this one...)
1. Think of a topic.
2. Decide that I hate that topic and start looking at what other bloggers have written about for... um... inspiration.
3. Ponder why writing wry, poignant or clever posts seems so much easier for everyone else and think that maybe I'm not cut out for this whole blogging thing.
4. Go eat some chocolate from the emergency stash.
5. Finally get an idea that's worth writing about. (Chocolate will do that.)
6. Because he has impecable timing, the baby starts crying.
7. Nurse the baby while typing one-handed what I think is finally a post people other than my mom might find interesting. (Because you have to strike when an idea hits!)
8. Gingerly put now sleeping baby down into bouncy seat to type with abandon and pray to all available dieties that he does. not. wake before I finish this post.
9. Finish post (thank dieties) and hit "publish."
10, Read over post and find 2 spelling mistakes and 1 grammatical error. Shrug and return to emergency chocolate.